Subject: [Leica] Unreliable Leica or unreliable user ?
From: "Dr James Harper" <DRJH@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:49:59 -0000

BD Colen wrote on 7 December:

>You buy a Rolls Royce, and you expect perfection. <

I agree. All of mine had problems at first - tyre pressures falling after
only six months  use,  clock noisy in low gear,  high fuel consumption
(on one occasion at a filling station the attendant said: "Do you mind
switching off, sir, she's gaining on me."), fridge unsuitable for litre
bottles.  You can imagine  my disappointment.  But the Company's response
was impeccably polite, and things were corrected at once.  So RR too has QC
problems, just like Leica.   But I still would not go elsewhere for cars or
cameras. Imagine a car without bokeh!

Best wishes.

JH