Subject: RE: [Leica] How often CLA
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:07:27 -0500

Ted- It was B.D., not Bud - Don't want to put my words in his mouth. I think
my point was that it may be better to attempt to avoid trouble with an
occassional CLA then ask the gods to intervene. I know that before I go to
do an interview, I always put fresh batteries in my tape recorder, even if I
know that I've only used the previous set for 30 minutes worth of taping.
Likewise, when I'm going to be using flash - sorry! :-) - for something that
matters, I put in fresh batteries. For that matter, I make a point of
regularly replacing my M batteries, rather than wait for them to die....I'm
sure that there are Leica IIs and IIIs around that - to say nothing of Ms -
that work perfectly despite never having had a techs fingers fiddle with
their guts. But why chance it?