Subject: [Leica] Re: Wrist strap for M Leica
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 17:40:41 +0000

The current factory strap is, overall, the best camera stap that I've
ever used. I removed the adjustor buckles, cut the strap to a fairly
short length (I like to keep it close, and I like it not to bang
against the SLRs when I'm carrying them on longer straps). I cut off
the excess length of strap, removed the plastic adjustment sliders, and
bartacked the ends with strong polyester thread and taped the stitching
up to prevent abrasion. Now I have the advantages of the lovely connector
system (fast release & plastic covers to protect the body) and less
excess strap hanging about. And it's *more* secure than the strap
as sold.

When I want a wrist strap, I use an overhand knot to tie a loop in the
end of the strap just big enaough to put my hand through. Works great.

The only disadvantage to doing it this way is that the length is not
adjustable. But there's only one length that's right for me, anyway.
Alexey Merz | URL: http://www.webcom.com/alexey | email: alexey@webcom.com