Subject: Re: [Leica] was:news photos on private property. Now paparazzi!
From: Mike Dembinski <mdembin@it.com.pl>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 18:54:58 +0200

Ted wrote:

>Sorry I realize I'm nit picking, but these days there are some sensitive
>photoraphers who get very "P'd" off even when they are jokingly referred to
>as "paparazzi!"
>
>And if you haven't had to defend yourself when confronted in your face with
>vile comments of, "Oh your one of them paparrazi who go arond chasing
>people and getting them killed!" You haven't experienced the humiliation of
>the worst kind.

Watching Sky News in the aftermath of Princes Diana's death I was appalled
by the stupidity and hypocrisy of the British public. Shreiking members of
what itse lower social orders assailed the Sky News crew with cries of
"It's you wot killed 'er it is". These of course are the same people who
day in day out would buy The Sun and The Mirror to sate themselves with
pictures of the Royals taken through long lenses.

Incidentally, when in London in late 1996, the classic camera shop on Pied
Bull's Yard (the one that faces Museum Street) had a Leica MP on display
for (as I recall) 9,000 GBP. Itonce  belonged to Signor Paparazzo, Federico
Felini's stills man, who gave his name to "those scum bags!"

- - Mike in a snowy Warsaw