Subject: [Leica] Let's Talk Netiquette
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 08:24:30 -0600

I was recently taken to task for failing to change the Subject line to
something meaningful when I answered someone's question.  Am I at fault
here?  Partially.  IMHO, the real fault lies with the person who
initiated the subject in the first place.

The reason I didn't change the Subject line in this case is that I've
simply gotten tired of doing it and besides, if I had changed it, the
original poster might not have realized I was answering his question.

We should all try to maintain meaningful Subject lines (myself
included).  As I've recently stated, anything with Leica Users digest in
the Subject line is filtered directly to my Trash Folder.  Fortunately,
the number of these posts seems to have diminished recently.

Now if only we could get everyone to identify quoted text with Greater
Than (>) signs, I'd be really happy.  Since this is the standard
convention with most modern mail clients, it shouldn't be any trouble
for people to use it.  It sure makes it much simpler to follow the
hierarchy of posts in a message and to separate quoted text from the
response.
Bud