Subject: [Leica] Casey's Camera
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 05:34:21 -0500

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, William H. Cassing wrote:

>I finally bought Casey a used Nikon Nice*Touch 2.  It is a very simple
fixed
>focus camera with a 35mm macro (yes, I said macro) lens (the dealer wasn't
>sure, but believes it is an f3.5), an on-off switch incorporated into the
>lens cover and fool-proof loading.  The flash has only two settings - Auto
>and Off.  It is light and easy to hold, but built like a tank.
<SNIP>
>Anyway, thanks again.  If you're interested, I'll keep you posted about
his
>progress.
>
>Bill Cassing

Bill,

Please keep us posted.  I missed the earlier parts of this thread but this
sounds like a good choice.  I went through similar decisions with my own
kids (now 10 and 14) and realized that getting them hooked on making images
was far more important that having them understand the technical stuff.

As it has turned out, the older one is happiest with a P&S while the
younger already has a claim on my Leicaflex SL and if I weren't using it
all the time she would be.

Doug Herr
Sacramento