Subject: Re: [Leica] was:news photos on private property, now: confronted by police.
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 17:11:18 -0800

James Harrison wrote:

>I bet your favorite photography film is "Public Eye".  Notice that Joe
>Peschi (sp?) didn't put any black tape on his Speed Graphics.>>>>>>>>

Hi Jim,

Hey the only kind of tape that would have worked with the Speed Graphic was
something to make us completely invisible.

And as far as Joe Pesci in the movie role of "Wee Gee" I thought he did a
great job of playing the famous New York newsphotographer..

I understand the real WeeGee wanted all the publicity he could get, as it
made his work easier to be recognized at crime scenes, crashes & tenement
fires. He was so well known by the police it was helpful for him to get
where others were not allowed.

So no "black tape here" only the booming flash of number 40 or bigger bulbs!

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant