Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Seals
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 18:47:24 -0600 (CST)

R.E. David's post,
Right on all counts except one (nitpicky) detail.....ANY repair
on ANY M-series Leica except curtain tension/brake adjustment
requires the seal to be removed, not just "OVERHAUL".
In fact, on that M4-P - M6 garbage that I own, even the vertical
rangefinder adjustment requires top removal, thanks to some
ridiculously stupid german engineer deciding that we'd be happy
with the factory's half-assed attempt at adjustment.....BTW,
the same idiot decided that the adjustment needed to be GLUED--
after 30 years with no problems without glue.....Please God
bring back the Nikon RFDRs -- I'll sell my mother to buy one....

Walt