Subject: Re: [Leica] your opinion about G2
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 17:58:39 EST

<< I would classify the G2 as an "interchangeable-lens point-and-shoot"
 rather than a high-tech Leica M. >>

The G2 is certainly not a point and shoot.  It is a very fine camera that
excels in many ways.  The construction and finish are excellent, with high
quality control in the finish of the camera and lenses.  The G2 is remarkably
capable.  Although I prefer my M6's for certain situations, there are many
others where I choose my G2 system.

I suppose the reference to the Leica M being high tech is a joke - compared to
the G2.  Of course (funny remarks aside), the M is very low tech and the G2 is
quite high tech.

Tom Shea