Subject: [Leica] Re: your opinion about G2
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 10:34:54 -0800

Franck,

I don't own and probably never will own a "G" camera. However, I hang
around Keeble & Shuchat Photography a lot. They carry, extensively, both
Leica and Contax systems. What I see, is the G cameras coming in, wanting
to trade-in for Leica M cameras, then the G owner is completely blown away
when they discover that their G camera is basically worthless on the used
market. Worthless when compared to what they paid for it as new equipment.
They seem to take a big hit. I have a couple of friends that have them.
They think of them as expensive P&S cameras. And they too say that the RF
sucks! The Ziess lenses are great, but the choice is limited. And the RF
base is more like a CL than a real M camera. Ok for wide lenses, or 90mm
lenses at f/4 or smaller. I personally would rather have ANY M camera, than
a "G" camera.

It most certainly is NOT an M6 enemy. That's like comparing grapefruits to
golf balls.

Remember, this is just my personal opinion...

Jim