Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6TTL user report
From: "Lee Yan Zhan" <yzlee@cyberway.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 17:06:37 +0800

I went down immediately to look at the TTL immediately after reading the
report.  The extra height is hardly visible.  However, the speed dial need
a little getting used to.  Personally, I prefer the smaller dial.  I have
already made a habit of switching the speed dial to "B" when not is use so
the On/Off switch is not a big deal to me.  Strangely on the demo set
#2466888, the VF looks a tat less brighter than the usual M6 - new
coating(perhaps Erwin will enlighten us, mortals).  Metering display
reminds me of G2 or other SLR with the >O< dot in the middle.  To me,
unless this is 3D matrix metering, it doesn't guarantee a perfect reading
all the time.  I think the old > or < method is better.  In terms of the
look and finishing, the quality is still there.

In Singapore, its selling at a premium - US$2300 with a year warranty.  My
conclusion is that there is hardly any difference using this or the
"classic" M6.  As a result of this model, the classic M6 prices has gone
down quite a bit locally - its probably a better buy then.  Strangely, even
over here, the old M6 #16xxxxx seems to be going up in prices/  I can't
imagine M6 becoming a collectors item other than those colored skin diamond
stud models.

Cheers,

Lee
Fellow LUGGER from Singapore