Subject: [Leica] Re: M6TTL meter
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 98 08:56:19 +0800

Nigel wrote,

>Hard to understand the problem with your older M6's unless they are >the
>early versions which had less-sensitive meters and where the LED's >>do not
>indicate under and over exposure as discerningly as the later >>>models.

Nigel,

I didn't say I understood it :)

My M6s are both early ones bought in my living-out-of-a-suitcase early
days as a photojournalist. They were in for repairs quite a lot for a few
years but recently have held up pretty well - a track record like that is
a disincentive for me to buy new Leicas and especially older pristine
ones, knowing how expensive and rare good Leica service is BTW.

As for the meters, they are prone to some sort of sticky contacts or
soemthing which causes them to give erratic readings from time to time so
I am normally dependent on a hand-held meter where practical. I work in
pretty rough conditions often - besides living in one of the world's most
polluted cities- so I am expecting a lot perhaps.

Bests

Adrian

Adrian Bradshaw
Editorial and Corporate Photography