Subject: RE: [Leica] Amoral [was: Ammoral, but in any case, way OFF-TOPIC]
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 13:52:18 -0500

Probably some animal rights twit!

The only thing we owe animals is to avoid being intentionally cruel to them.
And the reason we owe them that is not because they have any particular
moral status or claim, but the fact that any time we are intentionally cruel
to anyone or anything we diminish our own moral status and claim.

Cats look down on us? Tell them to open their own cans of food while they're
busy looking down! And pigs look at us as equals? Well, it's true, I've
rarely met a pig I didn't like - particularly rubbed with a mixture of
butter, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, bay leaf and thyme,
roasted at 475 for the first 15 minutes and 350 for about 20 minutes per
pound after that. :-)

B. "I am not opinionated!" D.