Subject: [Leica] Once Again, You're Right
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:39:19 -0500

A friend of mine complained bitterly and continuously  about life in the
District for all of the twelve or so years she lived there and worked deep
in the GSA.  I never failed to remind her that, in my humble opinion, life
is too long to live in Washington.  I for one have passed up several
opportunities to serve in Washington- albeit in minor positions; to me the
beautiful parts of the District look like they were designed by Albert
Speer.  I hope never to live south of the MassPike again, this said after
seven years in Baltimore.  But I digress.

I agree with you about taking care where one takes photos.  There's a big
difference between giving one's life in documenting an Indo-Chinese War and
taking frankly stupid chances for the hell of it and, possibly for a good
picture.  A corollary is the number of people in this group who denigrate
documenting the quotidian aspects of our lives and places with terms like
"happy snaps" and "twinkie lights."  Astonishing pictures can astonish for a
number of reasons, exoticism is only one.

	Buzz