Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Request for Advice
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:02:19 -0500

> I would agree with all those recommending a used 70's-era fixed-lens
> rangefinder.  Focusing is easy, most have in-lens leaf shutters so
> film loading does not put the shutter curtains at risk, and many have
> aperture-preferred exposure giving him some control but offering easy
> lazier options as well (set it to f16 outdoors, 2.8 indoors and click
> away).

If that's the way one wants to go - and I think it's a great way to go -
look for an Olympus XA with the more powerful of the two flashes , the
something 16. This is a great little camera. 35 f2.8 Zuiko lens - clamshell
design that protects it in the worst of pockets and weather - fairly good
meter...Can't be beat...