Subject: Re: [Leica] unobtrusive techniques
From: Francesco <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 23:45:06 -0800

YES!  These are the two techniques I find myself most
sucessful with as well.  Act like the subject of interest is
in the same general direction as the subject, but slightly
behind or to the side.  Of course, there are those people
(Hong Kong for example) that will purposely MOVE out of
your angle of view even if you point in their general direction.
Hong Kong, for me, was very difficult for close-ups of people
on the street.  By the time I got close enough to get a decent'
image with a 50mm lens, they noticed me moving in slowly
and kept an eye on me so I would not steal a shot.  By the
time I tried to point in their direction, they would put the hand up
or step inside a doorway.  Sometimes, though, I would get good
ones where the people didn't see me working.  BUT, then
we are back to "sneak techniques" right?  And what about
using these images for books or commercial use?
Without a release, they're worthless, n'est-ce pas?

Francesco