Subject: Re: [Leica] metering in low light
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:41:31 -0600

I've used the Sekonic L-408 for a while now.  It has a 5-degree spotmeter
(quite spotty enough for me!) plus an incident dome, and it does flash
and ambient in both aperture and shutter priority and EV.  It is quite
ergonomic, if not all that small.  Best of all, it has the incident dome
side-mounted on the body, and it's retractible.  The ones with the
incident dome on a rotating top extension are fine for the studio but
they're easy to snap off in the field.

Regards,
Nigel

On Thu, 03 Dec 1998 11:37:24 -0600 "Roger L. Bunting"
<rlbunting@ameritech.net> writes:
>I recently purchased a Sekonic 308B. I gave up the spot capabilities of
it's
>bigger
>kin because I wanted a compact meter to use when traveling.

I currently use an L-308B when I want something small that can be hidden in
the palm of my hand, and an incident meter to supplement the in-camera
meter is all I need. I use an L-508 when small doesn't matter but having a
spot meter does. Before the L-508 I had the L-408.

All three are excellent handheld meters I would recommend to anyone who
needs one.

Larry