Subject: RE: [Leica] Summicron 1:2/35 (Canada) & filters
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 11:14:20 -0300

At 09:32 PM 02/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I think I had the 12504 hood with my old 35mm 1.4. It screwed apart and took
>series VII filters instead of them going on the lens itself. I guess there
>must be a version of the Summicron that was like that?
>

>Tim A

        Yes, indeed, a hood marked 12504, now sits in two pieces in my hand.
Two screws on the front remove the "hood" from the flange.

        Be gentle with the screws...they are REALLY small.

Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
<http://www.straylight.ca/locke/>
"I've finally figured out what's wrong with photography.
It's a one-eyed man looking through a little 'ole.
Now, how much reality can there be in that?" -- David Hockney