Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit 90 R/Reflections
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 16:59:53 EST

And on nearly the same subject, a Leica rep with whom I spoke yesterday
told me that the recently-demised 135/4 Tele (the "modern" version which
has the integral shade) is "the buy of a lifetime" right now, because
evidently this version of the lens was produced in *very* small numbers
(comparable to the Hologon and Thambar) and once the current crop (traded
on the APO-Telyt) disappears from the market, it will be a *very*
precious collector piece with a price to match.  I didn't tell him I
happen to have one...I just smiled and nodded, then went home and began
erecting a fitting shrine ; )

Regards,
Nigel

On Wed, 02 Dec 1998 12:07:25 -0600 Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net> writes:
>Eric,
>Who knows what the difference in price will be with the R lenses but I
>think that
>there will be a $600-$700 difference with the M versions.  That would
>buy a pretty
>good used  lens of another focal length to go with the Elmarit.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]