Subject: Re: Re(2): [Leica] P&S choices
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 12:53:23 +0000

I'm in agreement with B.D. and Francisco on the acquisition of a
fixed focal length P&S over a zoom. My pocket camera is a
Yashica T4 - weatherproof with a Zeiss 35/3.5 lens.

Now as an early Christmas present I did bestow upon a friend the
Leica Z2X. She wanted a zoom.  I put a couple of rolls through it
before handing it over and must admit that I was impressed with the
picture quality. I think I would have hung onto it if she didn't want
it.

There is a good discussion of various P&S models at Phil
Greenspun's web site, http://www.photo.net, which includes users'
comments and reactions.

Roy

 On  2 Dec 98 at 17:22, Francisco.ACOSTA@DG3.cec.be wrote:

> Fully agree with BD. It makes wonderful pictures. Fully pocketable.
> Unbeatable quality/price ratio. And you can pass it to
> the-one-that-has-to-be-obeyed without any hassle! :-) Francisco
> Brussels
>
> > Forget the zoom - If you want a high quality P&S as a pocket camera, always
> > with you, always ready for that decisive moment - save yourself hundreds of
> > $ and get an Olympus Stylus Epic. 35 f 2.8 glass lens - good glass lens.
> > Small. Quiet. Takes great photos.

   Roy C. Zartarian
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"

Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the key board. All typos are his fault.