Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripods and RRS plates
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 10:30:45 -0600

I use a metal CTOOM flash bracket when I mount my M3 on a tripod.  For those
not familiar with it, the CTOOM has centrally located threaded bushings which
permit the attachment of it to a tripod.  The result is a much sturdier
arrangement than attaching to the M's baseplate.

The camera can be removed from the CTOOM while it's mounted on a tripod.

BTW, I offered my CTOOM for sale a while back but had no takers.  I've
decided to keep it.

Bud