Subject: [Leica] Re: thank you
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 07:10:20 -0500 (EST)

Brian:

I connect to my ISP four times a day to download LUG messages. On the rare
occasions that I can't connect, I feel almost disoriented without my LUG
"fix." For the service you perform you surely deserve a fine token of
appreciation. Enjoy that M6, and tell us what you think of the Elmar!

Ken Wilcox

>I am now holding in my hand, trying to keep my tears of joy from
>dripping on it, and trying not to let the people at my office see me
>cry, a chrome Leica M6 (serial 2426267) and a collapsible Elmar-M
>2.8/50 (serial 3727389). This is the first new camera I have ever owned
>in 40 years of photography; its arrival will probably cause my Leica
>IIIf to join my Argus C3 on the display shelf.
>
>I want to thank all of you for this; I've hardly ever felt this
>appreciated. And I'm going to say a more wordless "thank you" by
>implementing a new feature of the mailing lists that I've been mulling
>over; I will probably have it working by the first of the year and I
>promise you'll like it a lot.
>
>Special thanks to Jim Brick and Marc Small for driving this effort; you
>guys are fantastic.
>
>Brian Reid
>system operator for the Leica and Rollei lists

- ----
Davison Middle School                         preferred--->
<wilcox@tir.com>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                              <kwilcox@gfn.org>