Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M GRIP / Tom's winder
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 02:09:54 EST

Bill,

I have fiddled with one on my camera.  Very mechanical sounding, but appears
rugged.  I am looking for a slightly used one for little money.  New now at
US$950, I can't imagine it going higher!  Curiously, Leica left the winder out
of its latest catalog.
Is the winder dependable or problematic?  Haven't seen the Rapidwinder yet.
Skeptical.

Arturo
Bill wrote:
<< Have you tried the Winder M?  It is probably the worst motor winder ever
made
 for a camera.  And the most expensive, and today my rep told me they will be
 raising the price of it Jan. 1.  I have one myself, to use on some rare
 occasions, but I only paid about $250 from a fellow LUGger.  Much better
 investment would be one of Tom's Rapidwinder.