Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Art Wolfe's book
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 23:10:02 -0600

>I like Art Wolfe and I like his work. He is one of the most dedicated
>nature photographers we have today. And he is a "real" person. Nothing fake
>here! And he will never manipulate an image, without telling you that it is
>manipulated. And how it is manipulated. And why, if you want to know.

I like his work too. But he was rather defensive when he was criticized
originally about this book. Why didn't he explain then that it was art?
Nothing wrong with that.

And there's nothing wrong with running things through Photoshop, other than
the obvious reasons...horrible pictures in many of their ads. They use the
same PR firm as Leica?
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I love cats...they taste just like chicken.