Subject: Re: [Leica] Accuracy of x.72 range finder
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 17:16:01 EST

A very nice description and graphs found in the Osterloh book we've been
talking about recently, shows that the baselength of a Leica M remains
fixed, whilst that of an SLR varies with the focal length of the mounted
lens.  The SLR is less efficient with wider lenses and more efficient
with longer lenses.  They intersect (near as I can tell from Osterloh's
graphs) at about 110mm; meaning that for a 75mm lens the Leica (0,72
since this was what was available when the book was published in 1986) is
actually *more* accurate than an SLR.

Regards,
Nigel

On Tue, 01 Dec 1998 17:33:24 -0400 "Robert G. Stevens"
<robsteve@istar.ca> writes:
>Try this same experiment with a SLR and you will get the same result.
>
>Regards,
>
>Robert
>
>At 01:15 PM 12/1/98 +0000, you wrote:
>>Peter Neissen writes:
>>>in his famous article ,,J'accuse Leica'' Mr. Ross proposes the
>>>following experiment:
>>
>>>Place a Leica M 2m apart from an object, focus, move 6mm away and
>>>check if you can see a difference.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]