Subject: [Leica] I WANT to make my own choices...
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 12:23:09 +0100 (MET)

At 03:32 01/12/1998 -0500, Frank Dernie wrote:

> Harrison McClary replying to Eric Welch wrote:
>
>""""> Capitalism is amoral.
>
>So  what  would  you replace it with?  A system where some all knowing
>government entity tells us what is best?
>
>Sorry,  if  you  go  into a store wanting to buy something then let the
>sales  person talk you into something else, you got what you paid for.
>We all make our choices and I for one WANT to make my own choices, not
>let  someone  else  make them for me. Too much of that sh** is already
>going on for my tastes.

But you are not alone, you know, and a society is not a store, or a
business. Capitalism is disastrous for a huge majority, and not only amoral,
but immoral. Have faith though, the system will break down naturally, through
crises and environment disasters. Shall we sit a wait for it, or try pushing
a little bit? That is the question...

Oddmund