Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M GRIP / Tom's winder
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 19:50:48 +0000

Spent Thanksgiving w/ my girlfriends family in Connecticut.  We drove up to
Vermont to visit one her college friends with whom she often performed
music (violin and piano).  They struck up an impromptu recital.  I asked
whether they'd like some "pitures" or not.  Shot 36 frames with a
Rapidwinder on an M4-P w/ 35/1.4.  Quiet, fast: wind with the palm
horizontally, the thumb vertically.  Switched to the M-3 and a 50/1.
Cooler *big* vf, but oh, so slow to wind .

The Rapidwinder is a very cool thing.  For better or worse it changes the
way I shoot in certain circumstances.  Most interesting, though, is that
I've got motor advance of something like 6 frames per second on the G2, and
I never use it.  There's something about being able to control the interval
and still wind quickly that's neat.

Chandos