Subject: Re: [Leica] APO 2X extenders - non ROM?
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:09:52 -0800

>Ted Grant wrote:
>
>> If you use the 1.4 on the apo 280 2.8 it becomes a 400 f4;  then add the 2X
>> and it becomes a hand holdable 800mm f 8.0.  It works wonders, with very
>> slight softening at the corners if used wide open. A one stop down and it
>> works fine.
>
>Ted,
>
>It's hard to believe (for non-Leicaist) but logical.
>
>But handhold able !
>
>I drink to much coffee for that.

Hi Lucien,

Piece of cake with practice. The secret is, using the tubular shoulder
brace and pistol grip with micro-switch attached to the motor drive!!! On
an R7 with motor.

Man you can fly with it better than shooting ducks on the wing.  That's
shooting pictures of ducks! :)

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant