Subject: [Leica] Nikon F / F4 error
From: Andre Jean Quintal <quia250249@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 06:22:25 -0500

Sorry, all.

I sort of assimilated the whole thing from
Nikon F to F4. It's strange, in a way,
that, to me, the F5 simply doesn't register
as "hot stuff" though it has the absolute most
"bells and whistles" and remains strong
competition, technically.
Among other things, i find it real ugly and
cumbersome .

There is a more "elegant" solution in the
LEICA R8 : to me, it has what's really important
to turn out good SLR photography and has
reached a level of sophistication
that is expressed in advanced ergonomics and
ease-of-use. It has reached "simplicity".

I'm NOT a LEICA "fanatic": i idealize the stuff, true.
It's just that the people who turned it out have an idea
of a really desireable 35mm SLR camera that is closer
to my personal notion of such than current japanese
models i know of.

A F90 / F100 simply is the exact contrary of what i
look for. People may tell me to check out the F3
but my instinct paves a way right to the LEICA R8.

When i say i've waited 35 years, please believe me !
Life is not always easy but i'll realize this LEICA dream
or my name is not Andre Quintal !

 AJQ