Subject: Re: [Leica] Best photography books
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 19:01:56 -0500

Khoffberg wrote:
>SNIP
  I was wondering what books people were
> especially fond of?  Doesn't even have to be Leica specific.

SNIP

> Kevin Hoffberg

Workers by Sebastian Selgado
Terra by Sebastian Selgado

	Both illustrate the power of committment, passion and a machine (in
this 	case Leica) to effect change.

The Americans by Robert Frank

	Because it just doesn't get better than this in showing how these
Leica 	machines are capable of seizing a time and documenting a vision.

L'Histoire de France by Ralph Gibson

	Once again a concise, consistent vision using the spontaneity of
equipment,		that we discuss to technical excess, to record very narrow
minimal 	vignettes that help portray this most interesting and enigmatic
of 	countries.

There are so many more...

Carl Socolow