Subject: [Leica] Re: Gitzo Tripod "Hook"
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:55:56 -0800

I have made "Jim's Steady Hook" for years. Sold hundreds of them. Galen
Rowell bought them for his tripods.

Until recently, most tripod centerposts did not have a screw thread. My
"Steady Hook" invention will mount in ANY tripod centerpost. Not just those
with threads. They are stainless steel. Written up in Galen Rowell's book
"Galen Rowell's Vision" page 81.

I'm not making any right now. Too busy being in a startup, and all of the
other stuff I'm doing. Maybe next year. In the meantime, if you have a
Gitzo with a threaded hole in the bottom of the center post, go to the
hardware store.

Jim