Subject: [Leica] Concrete manufacturer ??
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 18:09:51 +0100

From: Classic Camera Profiles, CameraQuest
Revised: October 03, 1998.
Copyright © 1998 Stephen Gandy.
<http://cameraquest.com/fhistory.htm>

> The Nikon F completely eclipsed everything else in it's time as
> a Pro 35. Professionals switched from the Leica M's
> (and everything else) to Nikon F's in legions, and to this day
> Leica has never recovered.

I think enough Pros, keeping their Nikon F, F2,etc (and now F100),
get back to the Leica M. (and still use it)
Anyway it's my explaination to the miraculous survival of Leitz
after 1975.

> From that time on, Japan was the new Photographic Industry leader
> and Germany would be doomed to play catch up.
> Zeiss got out of the camera business.
> Rollei hangs on bought out by Samsung.
> Leica continues its post Leitz family experience once
> having been owned by a concrete manufacturer
> and now has new ties to Yashica.

Stephen,

Who was the concrete manufacturer ?
I know that the R8 is heavy, but...
;-)

> and now has new ties to Yashica.

Please Stephen,
Use Kyocera instead of Yashica: c'est plus chic !
°-*)

Lucien