Subject: [Leica] Re: HF and history (was Happy Thanksgiving)
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:18:38 -700

On 27 Nov 98, Alex Hurst wrote, at least in part:

> Could I suggest that you take a deep breath and get an Apple Mac?

I started with an Apple II as many did in those days. Just kind of
got into the PCs and haven't looked at Mac since. My rather
pedestrian uses can be well served by either, so I will probably do
a shop on Power Mac when the time is ripe. Lots of inertia  and
vesting to overcome, though.

> >Cameras, however, will not be changed. My photography can
> be >done *better* by the R6.2 and M6 than it was with my EOS 1n. >In this
> case, for me, the "gizmos" offer no help; a hindrance, >actually. The
> 'fit' for me is better not to mention the higher >average lens quality and
> performance.
>
> I think you're definitely far too liberal. I wouldn't dream of using a
> camera less than 25 years old.

Boy, there's an appellation that I am seldom given.  8^)  Had an
original Nikon F and used it for years with a few lenses. Wish I still
had it. I'd put its 'fit and finish' up against today's Rs anytime.
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     I am Pentium of Borg, division is futile, you will be approximated.