Subject: Re: [Leica] Laney, lens testing and 3-D effects (long: this is not Hubert)
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 22:51:19 +0000

Welcome back from your sickbed Erwin! And our thanks to Hubert in the interim.

In your latest excellent post there is only one flaw - the contrast factor <g>

Please, please put a space between your paragraphs.

It makes it so much easier to read.

BTW, in your absence we've been trying to work out differences between
'warm' and 'cold' colour rendition for various groups of lenses -
specifically between Leica lenses and Nikkors.

There appears to be no general agreement, which suggests this is a largely
subjective matter.

It's even more subjective when we go though the neg/pos process. My
submission was that colour rendition is largely in the eye of the beholder,
particularly as we seem to be discovering that there's a great deal of
variation between the colour perception of given individuals.

Definition, of course, is something else. Given a standard test, this
should be an absolute - or did I miss something? Maybe I missed 'bokeh'?

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Waterfall