Subject: Re: [Leica] Food for thought for Thanksgiving
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:32:59 -0600

>One of my concerns, however, is that Leica
>chooses to define its best now by the same standards Nikon and other great
>manufacturers define their best.

And what do you base this on? Mr. Kolsch comes from Zeiss, not Nikon or
Canon. Where else would Leica go to maintain their lead? I think they were
very smart to bring him on board. The 180 f/2, the ASPH lenses, and others
show the brilliance of Leica's new approach.

As the song goes, "These are the good old days..." ;-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch