Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Ads/image
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:28:15 EST

I agree with Nigel.  I don't think that Leica has much "status."  Few people
know or appreciate them.

Tom Shea

<< The stereotypical "Rich amateurs" (i.e. those whom the marketing
 surveyors would propose as a model of the type) want an
 expensive-looking, status-name camera which has every up-to-the-muinute
 technological gizmo that this month's amateur photo magazines proclaim
 are essential for making their photography look as good as the pros'.
 The R8, for example, doesn't satisfy those criteria. >>