Subject: Re: [Leica] auto vs. manual
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:00:27 EST

In a message dated 11/25/1998 10:24:58 AM EST, Eric wrote:

<< It doesn't beat the EOS1n by much, and they couldn't possibly have tested
 the EOS3 yet. As for AF-S vs. USM, most pros I know will tell you that the
 EOS system overall is still best in performance.

 Where the Nikon system is unparalleled is the flash system >>

My experience agrees with this. I would add, that if the Nikon F5 is indeed a
bit faster than the Canons, it also costs twice as much. Personally, I prefer
the look Canon glass gives over Nikon as well.

Will von Dauster