Subject: RE: [Leica] printing TMZ
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:01:06 -0600

>Believe me, neither you nor anyone on the LUG could wish for the 'Bill
>Brandt look'. The most disappointing exhibition I ever went to showed his
>original prints having been printed out of focus, 'soot and whitewash' for
>sure, but the worst was blue biro used as a spotting medium!
>I'm sure you can do better than that

Well, actually I did it yesterday.

I had a picture from a Thanksgiving feast at a school with two cute little
kids dressed up like pilgrims. We always print out proofs with a laser
printer of all our pictures to have for a reference, since our work never
sees paper normally. But I needed to double check the kids' identities, so
I made a photo copy of the laser print and took it to the school. It came
out very contrasty and amazingly big grain. Washed out highlights. As I
looked at it, I thought to myself, "Bill Brandt could have done this in his
darkroom."  :-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.