Subject: Re: [Leica] Performance and statistical sampling
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:22:09 -0600

>So again this is only circomstantial evidence (Marc I need help here) but
>it shows that testing beased on a very few samples (at least in the Leica
>world) has some validity.

Yes, Erwin, I think  you're right. Most of those tests are most likely good
and representative. But when a test goes against the general assessment
people might have on a particular lens, then I think they ought to suspect
the test, not the people who seem to agree it's right or wrong.

Over the years, I've tested enough Nikon, Canon and Leica lenses (throw in
some Pentaxes and others) to know that by sticking with Leica, I get what I
want on film. Is there anything wrong with that reasoning? I don't think
so. So far, my theory holds up pretty good.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The world's full of apathy, and I don't care.