Subject: Re: [Leica] Evercolor Prints
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@corp.webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 19:53:35 +0100 (CET)

N. B. Watson writes:
 > Does Bill Nordstrom sound like the chap's name?  [...]
 >
 > On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:37:59 -0800 "Khoffberg" <khoffberg@email.msn.com>
 > writes:
 >
 > >I'm drawing a blank on the name of the chap with the drum scanner and
 > >all the algorithms,

The "chap w/ the drum scanner" who Kevin's referring to is Bill
Atkinson.  Check out http://www.natureimages.com.  I don't believe
that he's affiliated with any of the companies doing Evercolor
printing, he's retired (Apple, General Magic, maybe others) and is
working full time on his photo. projects.  Along the way he's
mentoring a couple of other photographers (including Galen), helping
them make the most of the LightJet5000.

I don't think that there's anything too unique about Bill's scanner or
facilities, EXCEPT that it's hight end and he's worked hard to
CALIBRATE the entire process so that it produces solid results on the
LightJet.

I've had the pleasure of comparing a pair of Galen's blackboard sized
prints (C print and Evercolor) side by side, the comparison is
amazing.  The Evercolor print is sharp edge to edge, while the print
made w/ a "normal" enlarger falls off towards the edges.

g.