Subject: Re: [Leica] neg/slide scanning
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:07:58 +0000

Somebody wrote:

>>Can you tell me where you got the lookup tables so I can optimize the
>>settings
>>on my Nikon Coolscan scanner? Thanks.

If you've got Lasersoft's Silverfast Nikon driver, that'll optimise your
scan automatically and correctly in 99 cases out of 100. In the 100th case
you can play about with the advanced controls to your heart's content.

"Lasersoft" or "Silverfast" on Yahoo or Altavista should get you there.

This software came bundled with my Coolscan. If you haven't got it, there
are downloadable demos on their website. I've now standardised on this for
my Microtek flatbed scanner too. It really is the best on the market,
though not cheap.

Happy scanning.

Slan

Alex