Subject: Re: [Leica] Retrofitting meters to earlier M models?
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 21:44:07 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Mike Dembinski <mdembin@it.com.pl>
>My point is this. Surely it is not beyond the wit of Leica Camera to
retrofit
>M6 light meters into earlier M bodies? Hell, I'd give up the D/A for a
meter
>any day. Any reason why this can't be done?

It *has* been done: It's called the M6J !

Why modify a nearly mint M3 so extensively? (and it would be an extensive,
expensive modification). It wouldn't be the best user, and who can say what
it's value would be as a collectable? Perhaps some enterprising 3rd party
could duplicate M3 levers and bright chrome accents and M4 rewind knobs, so
that folks could create their own sort of M6J for lots less. I'd rather
spend the money on another lens, myself :-)

Jeff