Subject: Re: [Leica] auto vs. manual
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:15:21 -0800

Gary D. Whalen wrote:
>     My main questions:
>     1.  How quick is autofocus?
>     2.  Aren't there a lot of false focusing mistakes (ie  autofocusing
> on the wrong point of interest) that you wouldn't have with manual?
>     and 3.  If you use autofocus what percentage of the time do you use
> the camera in manual?
Gary,
Rent what you are thinking of.  It will answer all of your questions and
be worth the investment.  It is like a marrage.  Would you marry someone
based on our opinions of the lady?  Hands on, personal knowledge is the
answer.  It is like a stock option--known risk.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego