Subject: [Leica] Got my loupe and the value of LUG
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 23:11:05 +0100

Friends,

Just to let you know that today I ordered the Schneider 6x aspherical
loupe locally in Brussels. I paid 8.000 BEF (~$230) which is actually
slightly less than the price at B&H Photo in New York--a rare
occurrence! I strongly considered the Pentax zoom loupe, but decided
against it when I realised that it does not provide full coverage of the
35mm format even at the 5x setting.

My experience with choosing the loupe really shows the value of this
virtual community: within 3-4 days of posting my initial question, I had
received helpful replies from at least the following people: John,
Lucien, Bob, Dan, Christian, Nigel, Larry, Bill C., Bill B., Jim, Robert
and Bernhard, representing 5 different countries. Show me another place
when one gets so much for so little! Thanks to all of you and apologies
if I forgot to mention anyone.

Kind regards,

Nathan

- --