Subject: Re: [Leica] JB, filters, flames, and technique
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 23:02:49 -0600

> it was easy, even from a distance to see the
>difference on the table.

Donal,

You dare to say such a thing?  :-)

Funny, I notice a difference in Leica black and white negatives too. It's
obviously not sharpness when you look at them on a light table from a
distance. I haven't even really thought about why they might look
differently. But there is a difference. Wonder what it is. You figured it
out? Lack of flare?

Or maybe it's something as mundane as they are better exposed (that is,
properly) because I know my Leica meters so much better than other cameras.
Yeah, that's probably it. I have used them more, so it makes sense. Once
you get to know how to use the selective meter, it's darn precise.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 The Devil whispered behind the leaves, It's pretty, but is it Art?   -
Rudyard Kipling