Subject: Re: [Leica] mini LUG site?
From: Francesco <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 09:28:18 -0800

Domain names can be bought now for $70 for 2 years.

FYI, I just switched from a T-1 to a superfast cable
connection.  The T-1 used to cost me $1350/month, and
now I pay $250/month for the cable, and $99/month for
each domain name I want to host.  This saves me $700
a month, and not one person has complained about the
conenction....cable is just as fast as a T-1, for a quarter
of the money!

My point is, to add another domain for the LUG, I would
have to pay an additional $99/month.  The company has
said though that they will be halving that cost by 1999,
which will save a lot of money for someone like me with
multiple domains.  Actually, since I am dumping my
erotic site at the end of the year, I will only need 2
domains....one for my photo site and one for my wife's
photo site.  Still, to have a domain for the LUG will cost
from $50 to $99 a month.  I will be willing to pay for the
$70 setup fee for the domain names if those of you who
want your photos on the LUG site won't mind pitching in
$5 or so a month.  If no one wants to do it this way, we
can do it for free by setting it up as a subsection from my
photo site.....let me know.

Francesco