Subject: Re: [Leica] test for film speed
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:37:23 EST

Perhaps not, but we photographers who use our cameras/lenses to actually
take pictures *can* use this method to determine what E.I. to rate a
specific film at in our cameras (or any whose meters agree) to produce
what *we* consider an accurate mid-tone from the meter's reading.   This
method actually takes into account the emulsion *and*  the meter's
calibration at once,  thus quickly gives us what we need to know to make
properly-exposed photographs.

OTOH, if you are culling evidence to support a pedantic dissertation
admonishing the film's manufacturer to re-label their product's ISO
rating, then Erwin's test would be the more effecacious.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:36:59 +0100 Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
writes:
>You can not test for accurate film speed by using the greycard and
>exposing
>it as a mid gray.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]