Subject: [Leica] Re: AF R Series?
From: Shawn London <srlondon@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 17:13:14 -0800 (PST)

Pascal wrote:

>The "old" R lenses (with ROM strip) could most        >probably be
used on an AF body, but with electronic    >focus indication only
(semi-AF).

It is funny that you should mention that, because I remember a few
months ago, someone on the LUG mentioned that it would be great to
have a focus assist light without having to forgo the simplicity of
their conventional manual focus R lenses.  This sounds like a good
idea to me as well.  As an M user who has become enamored with the
benefits of manual focus, I would certainly see this as a beneficial
feature if I ever decided to go for an SLR.  Sure, you can get the
same thing in a Canon EOS on manual focus mode, but you haven't
previously had this option with Leica glass before...