Subject: Re: [Leica] Minolta vs Leica R (was JB, filters, flames, and technique)
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 16:24:33 -0800

Nigel writes:

|I know some Leica reflex users who are also heavily
invested in Minolta
|optics ; )

Know the feeling.  Except that I went the other way and
bought an R-6 because the Leica optics had the closest
characteristics to the Minolta.  The added advantage was to
integrate the viso system lenses and bellows to the R6.  The
final advantage was the relatively stable prices of used
R-lenses as compared to the used Minolta lenses.  The
Minolta system is currently being used by my daughter.
Unfortunately, she is now eyeing the M-3  and my spouse
refers to the R-6 system as her camera --- I think I am a
victim of my own propaganda.

Regards, Bill Larsen  ohlen@lightspeed.net