Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit-R 2.8 28 mm ?
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 21:53:49 +0100

On 21-11-1998 07:33 Christian Payot wrote:

>How good is the Elmarit-R 2.8 28 mm ?
>How does it compare optically with the Elmarit-R 2.8 24 mm or with the
>PC-Super-Angulon-R 2.8 28 mm ?

Christian:

I don't know about the Elmarit 24/2.8 or the PC SA 28/2.8, but the
Elmarit 28/2.8 latest version I am using, has produced wonderful results
so far. This is an excellent lens, but very expensive for such a "banal"
focal length and aperture.
The only trouble I have is focusing correctly in low light conditions, as
there is not much difference on the distance scale between let's say 3m
and infinity. This is defintely an area where electronic focus
confirmation would help :-)

Pascal

See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/